Washed-up paintings you find on the shore, everyday objects you can reinvent — lots of things you once thought were unworthy can be a component of classic coastal design. Driftwood, shells, worn and distressed finishes from a soft, chalky color palette combine in this shabby chic version of coastal fashion. Be inspired by nature and bring the outdoors in! If you already have a group of shore finds, produce your own accessories. If not, then this collection of important pieces will give you the relaxed, relaxing, beachfront feeling you have been on the lookout for.
Currey & Co.. Oyster Shell Chandelier – $1,452
Lighting always has a significant part in a room, since it sets the tone and creates air. It’s no different at a classic coastal home. Use lighting fixtures to specify the appearance of your home.
• Locate this gorgeous chandelier by Currey & Co. here.
• For more lighting ideas, including shell and driftwood lamps, see purchase the Sea.
Painted Paddles – GBP 48
Virtually any seaside thing can decorate the walls of a coastal home — from bunting to classic signs to worn nautical objects.
• Purchase these decorative oars in Live, Laugh, Love (U.K. just).
• For a fantastic assortment of bunting, see Just Bunting.
• I adore hand-painted signs for a classic coastal appearance. Zeke’s Antique Signals has a fantastic selection.
Decorative Things And Figurines – GBP 21
Domes, glass jars and vases are perfect for displaying all of your paintings, a pebble, a shell or something else that is special to you.
• Rockett St George has a Assortment of gorgeous display domes.
• Find more amazing display items in Rowen & Wren.
Round Driftwood Mirror – GBP 170
These lovely round bird’s nest–fashion mirrors are made using individually selected pieces of driftwood collected from local beaches across Wales’ west shore. Pebbles, feathers and shells are nestled between the woven driftwood.
• Find more like this at Free Range Designs (U.K. just).
• OKA also has a large assortment of driftwood furniture and mirrors.
Light Seafoam Weathered Stacking Crate Storage by CastawaysHall – GBP 41
These hand-painted crates are a fantastic illustration of upcycling, which functions nicely with the soft, worn appearance in classic coastal houses.
• Find them at CastawaysHall’s Etsy shop.
• For original classic crates, visit Hen & Hammock.
Annie Sloan Interiors
Annie Sloan Paints – GBP 5.95
Chalk paints, lime washes and distempers (whitewashes) all give plaster and wood that a soft, velvety finish.
• Locate these chalk paints in Annie Sloan.
• Francesca’s Paints has a large array of hand-mixed endings, from eggshell to lime scrub (U.K. just).
Lanterns – GBP 47
Lanterns and Tea Light Holders
Lanterns and tea lights are these simple ways to make atmosphere in your property. Use these casual and affordable lights to make a warm night glow.
• Locate those at Pure Interiors (U.K. just).
• For a large selection of vintage-style tea light holders and hurricane lanterns, visit The Nordic property.
Sea Fan Decor by BeachArtDesigns – GBP 18
Stick to organic forms at a classic coastal home. Coral, shells, starfish and pieces of driftwood are key.
• Beachcomber comes with an wide assortment of shells and sea monsters for display.
• Dorset Gifts also has a wide variety of assorted shells already bagged up.
• Find buff coral and other shore art at Beach Art Designs.
Caron’s Beach House
Classic Vintage Tropical Luxury Pillow, Pan Am – GBP 199.95
Stay classic and vintage motivated for your classic coastal house’s soft furnishings. Think midcentury and older to get a really authentic appearance.
• Locate this cushion and much more in Caron’s Beach House.
• For whimsical prints, check out Clarke & Clarke’s Maritime range.
Tritter Feefer Home Collection Madame X Coffee Table – $1,198
The distressed finish with this coffee table is a perfect background for shows of shells and other beach finds.
• Locate this coffee table and much more fashions in Layla Grace.
• Lucy Willow is a great place to go for a massive assortment of painted furniture.
• Find other important pieces at Rowen & Wren.